The Board of Management
The Board of Management is the supreme body to manage the affairs of the University. The Board of Management has been constituted as per the provision of the Section 27 of the Himachal Pradesh University of Health Sciences Act, 2017 (Act 11 of 2017) and the Himachal Pradesh University of Health Science (Amendment) Act, 2019 (Act 8 of 2019) vide notifications No.HFW-B(B)1-2/2016 dt. 15/01/2020 & 17/01/2020 by the Chancellor, on the advice of the Government, consisting of following Hon’ble members:-
|i.||The Vice-Chancellor, Atal Medical & Research University, Ner Chowk, District Mandi (H.P.)||Ex-officio Chairman|
Members as per Section 27(1) (ii to v)
|ii.||The Chief Secretary to the Government of Himachal Pradesh||Ex-officio Member|
|iii.||The Additional Chief Secretary/ Principal Secretary (Health) to the Government of Himachal Pradesh||Ex-officio Member|
|iv.||The Additional Chief Secretary/ Principal Secretary (Finance) to the Government of Himachal Pradesh||Ex-officio Member|
|v.||The Director Medical Education, Himachal Pradesh||Ex-officio Member|
Members as per Section 27(1) (vi)
|vi.||Sh. Ram Swaroop Sharma, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), VPO Jalpaher, Tehsil Joginder Nagar, District Mandi-175015||Member|
|vii.||Sh. Inder Singh, MLA Balh, Village Ghatta, P.O. Kummi, Tehsil Balh, District Mandi, H. P.-175006.||Member|
|viii.||Sh. Narinder Thakur, MLA-Hamirpur, House No. 10 Ward No. 1, Hiranagar, Tehsil and District Hamirpur||Member|
Members as per Section 27(1) (vii)
|ix.||Dr. Harish Behal, 98/4, Om Bhawan, Bhiuli Mandi, District Mandi, H. P.||Member|
|x.||Dr. Tek Singh Mahant,#1552, Sector-36-D, Chandigarh-160036||Member|
|xi.||Dr. Ramesh Kumar Sen, House No. 5439,38-West, Sector 38, Chandigarh-160014||Member|
|xii.||Dr. Raj Bhadur, Vice-Chancellor, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab||Member|
|xiii.||Dr. Satinder Singh Manhas, House No. 441, Sector-4, New Shimla-171009||Member|
Members as per Section 27(2)
|xiv.||The Registrar, Atal Medical & Research University, Ner Chowk, District Mandi H. P.||Secretary|
The term of office of the nominated members of the Board of Management shall be five years and in case of ex-officio members tenure shall be co-terminus with the term of the offices held by them.
- Five members of the Board of Management shall form a quorum for meeting.
- The Chairman shall preside over the meetings of the Board of Management. In absence of the Chairman, member senior in age, shall preside over such meetings.
- The first Board of Management shall be constituted by the Government within one month of the commencement of this Act.
- Powers and functions of the Board of Management—
- The Board of Management shall be the Principal Executive Authority of the University.
- Powers and functions of the Board of Management shall be such, as may be prescribed, by the statutes.